The mission of the Maryland Coalition on Mental Health and Aging is to address the mental health needs of older persons by:
- Advocating to improve the quality and accessibility of mental health treatment for older people
- Decreasing the stigma of mental and emotional problems
- Demonstrating the importance of prevention, support services and treatment measures for older adults with mental health needs
- Educating professionals, caregivers, the general public, policy makers, and older individuals on the mental health issues for older adults
- Increasing outreach to enable older persons to recognize and to use the services of mental health professionals, senior care professionals, support systems and relevant self-help programs
The Mental Health Association of Maryland (MHAMD) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the understanding and promotion of mental health and the recovery from mental illness for all of Maryland’s residents.